COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Clinic Action Plan
There is no higher priority for Karr Audiology than the health and well-being of our patients and employees. We are closely following guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) from the CDC Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/home to stay on top of all developments. We fully recognize that many of the population we serve are among the most vulnerable to diseases like COVID-19 and the flu.
In accordance with interim guidance from the CDC, we are also taking the following additional measures to further strengthen our protocols and safeguard our patients’ health:
- If you are feeling under the weather or are experiencing a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we would ask that you call and reschedule your appointment so as not to put other patients at risk. You could also see if a healthy loved one could bring your hearing aids to the office for a cleaning. We recommend reviewing guidelines from the CDC on preventing illness.
- Dropping in can create a crowd in our waiting rooms. If an underlying condition or your age makes you more vulnerable to COVID-19, we urge you to avoid dropping in and instead call to schedule a time to get your hearing aids cleaned and checked. We will do our absolute best to get you on the schedule as soon as possible. You could also see if a healthy loved one could bring your hearing aids to the office for a cleaning.
- We have instructed providers and staff to stay home if they are sick. If your provider becomes ill, we will ask them to stay home, and we sincerely apologize if this means we need to reschedule your appointment!
- If you need additional accommodations, please don’t hesitate to call our office to discuss.
We understand the importance of hearing at your best, especially in this time when communication is so critical. If there are any updates, we will post on our website and social media.
If you are having problems with your hearing aids and feel you cannot come in right away, please call, and we’ll see whether we can help you over the phone. We are also providing a drop box to leave hearing aids in should you wish to not enter the office. Please feel free to call with any questions. We are always happy to hear from our patients. Thank you for being the best part of Karr Audiology!!!
Karr Audiology Staff
Karr Audiology Coronavirus Procedures
- The clinic door will remain locked so we can do our best to limit the number of patients in the clinic at one-time
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call us at 740-594-6333 and we will let you in
- If you do not have a phone, please knock loudly, but do know we will be doing our best to be at the door when we see patients pull in
- If you do not see us right away, please have a seat in your vehicle and we will be with you as soon as possible
- Upon arrival you will be asked to have your temperature taken
- If you refuse or the temperature is 100.4 degrees or over, you will be asked to reschedule
(Please be patient, this allows us to limit contact for everyone involved and lets us disinfect before the next patient)
We appreciate your patience during these times, thank you for allowing us to serve your hearing needs.